Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009

I can't recall the last time I was so happy to see a year come to a close (maybe 1993, the year I came out of the closet, and the year I was trying to decide if graduate school could be a form of salvation; it was). I left a job where I was growing more miserable by the day. I embarked on exploring the world of bears in the gay community (long story there, that I think I'll keep to myself), and that has been both fascinating and challenging. I've entered the early stages of middle age, and this first year was more tumultuous than I expected. So, I wish to leave behind all that was negative that came out of 2008. It is over. The past is now prologue, and I am ready to face the new year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It will be a very good year for us both. Love you, dear friend.