Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Post Special Election Thoughts

Two things.

First, I have no desire whatsoever to watch the so called "liberal media" wax poetic about last night's election. It will be worthless commentary. I think I could find more intellectual wisdom, and frankly joy, by watching episodes of "Spongebob Squarepants." Lord knows that there are enough people in this country who have the intelligence of Patrick Star, yet I'd rather see him do his thing than to suffer the sentient beings who are his intellectual peers on television and in the American electorate.

Second, I will likely leave the Democratic Party. The relationship certainly lasted longer than my relationship with the GOP (22 months versus 6 weeks). I suffered the ascension of a "white South will rise again" party in Virginia ("cheers" to the Commonwealth's new governor, a perfect example of what I ran from back in the late 80s), and decided not to look back (though Jack Kemp continued to intrigue me). As for the Democrats of 2010, I just don't know what to say. So, I will let John Stewart say it for me. Add this post to the mix as well.

I remain a ship without a proper harbor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most of the voters in Massachuesettes are not party affiliated (51%). That's some powerful independence in action.

The issues need to be addressed one by one, and put behind the current administration. In the 1960s President Johnson did some amazing things without consideration of a second term.

We had eight years of useless, with a side of disturbingly secretive. Longevity matters little in history as much as the actions taken while in charge.

I'm just sayin'...