Saturday, October 2, 2010

Adolescent Music Flashback: Five Star

There are many times when I wonder if my friends really remember the UK group Five Star, I know that I ended up with three of their tapes (and two replacement cds) before they fell off of the radar of sorts.  It was clear that the Jackson 5 was Five Star's model, and they definitely had some hot moves in their videos.  To my surprise, they didn't blow up like I thought they would.  I mean Five Star was actually talented, but if I remember, they were bigger in the UK than they were here in the U.S.  And I still remember running to the living room to tune into "Nick Rocks," because I knew that they would be playing the latest Five Star videos.  So here is a sample of what I saw on many of those mornings before school.  Enjoy.







No comments: