Monday, March 7, 2011

I Feel Matt Damon's Pain

I just finished reading an interview with Matt Damon in The Independent.  Damon expressed real disappointment in the moves of the Obama administration, particularly with its Wall Street dealings.  I've found it funny that there are so many people who think that supporters of the President are just in lock step with his actions. 

It just ain't true.

Anyone who has read this blog over time knows that my criticisms started during the transition process, before President Obama was sworn in.  I loathed Obama's economic team, and we got exactly what I suspected, in terms of Wall Street:  nothing.  I wish the anger now being hurled at public unions and working class folks had been hurled at Wall Street and Congress.  But that is a longer discussion that I don't feel like dealing with in this post.

If Damon is representative of many '08 Obama supporters, then I think that 2012 is going to be yet another election where people are voting for the lesser of two evils.  And that is a shame.  So far, I see too many missed opportunities for the Obama administration.  I was hoping for Roosevelt, either of them, and that simply wasn't in the cards.  I suppose it's better that we didn't end up, on the other side, with a Hoover, Coolidge or Hoover during these troubling times. 

No comments: