Monday, May 16, 2011

Gotta Love Those "Family Values"

I feel like I am playing catch up today.  I realized that I'd not said a thing about former Senator John Ensign and his growing scandal.  I will try to remember to post something, if the hammer comes down on Sen. Tom Coburn (who I think got immunity).  But I will say this for now.  I don't think there is anything wrong with being a "family values" supporter.  All I ask is that you actually have the family values you profess to represent.  And yes, I bet that Ensign was a supporter of "defending marriage" from the gays.  I guess he forgot about defending his own marriage or the marriage of the Hamptons.  Maybe the gays wanting to get married made him do those things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like Ensign, but I find your indictment to broad. For example, I believe we should honor our parents, but I don't always do it. Am I a hypocrite, or am I a human being that doesn't always manage to live up to my ideals?