Sunday, July 17, 2011

Meanwhile, Across the Pond...

With the exception of an occasional television news report, I've not paid too much attention to the News International hacking scandal in the UK.  The scandal has also reached our shores, and I wonder if what has started in the UK will impact Murdoch's interests here in a similarly spectacular fashion (seems like we have a start)  Personally, I don't care what happens with Fox.  But this story out of the UK is just fascinating and unfortunate. 

I've been getting updates from UK sources like BBC News and The Guardian, because somehow I think that the US news sources will somehow miss something.  What's making this scandal particularly fascinating is the links to the Metropolitan Police, and even possibly to Prime Minister David Cameron himself.  BBC News has a great primer on the principals in this scandal so far, including victims.

It will be interesting to see how this ends.

No comments: