Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dana Perino Misspoke (?) in Her Haste to Pin a "Terrorist Attack" on Obama's Watch

I must have simply dismissed it as a misprint, or that clearly Dana Perino, the former Press Secretary under George W. Bush, misspoke. That she could say, in all seriousness, that we did not suffer a terrorist attack (two, if you count the anthrax scare that had all of us in DC freaked out for weeks, just after 9/11) during the Bush administration is bat shit crazy.

Maybe in her haste to suggest that the events at Fort Hood constituted a terrorist attack, which I don't think it does, she misspoke. I will look forward to her retraction and correction for the record. I also wonder if Ms. Perino believes that all mass murders qualify as terrorist attacks. If that is the case, then perhaps we need to re-examine the past to see how many lone gun did things similar to the Fort Hood shooter.

Sadly, I bet there will now be some viewers of Fox News who will begin thinking that 9/11 happened under Clinton and the ACORN helped to organize it. Actually, some of them may have felt that way already, now that I think of it.

No comments: