Thursday, September 8, 2011

About Last Night

From what I could tell as last night's GOP debate came to a conclusion, it seemed clear to me that this has now become a race between the two similar looking Republicans, Mitt Romney and Rick Perry.  Mind you, I think either would be an absolute disaster for everyone except the wealthiest Americans, and maybe those in the military (though our perpetual war machine needs to end; just can't afford it).  Meanwhile, I have to admit that I was surprised by some of what Jon Huntsman was saying.  Again, he is a bridge too far for me to consider casting a vote, but I could at least see the damn bridge from which he was speaking.

I really do not understand how Mitt Romney is even doing well within this whole primary circuit.  There is no question that he is a weathercock in the midst of a strong gale wind with regard to his positions on almost everything.  And is there really anything worth saying about Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, Paul or Santorum?  Finally, I am sure that there was swooning and caught vapors all across GOP homes (though first for having to actually watch anything on MSNBC, but I digress) as Gov. Rick Perry spoke loud and said essentially nothing. 

Unless there is some gay scandal that we don't know about, I am already guessing that the contest in '12 will be Obama v. Perry.

No comments: