Monday, December 17, 2007

Damn Arrogant, Damn Tawdry

I need someone to tell me why it is preferable to have a former felon in the military, than an openly gay (non criminal) person. Have the Christianists reached that point where sense and sensability are thrown out of the window? Have we as a nation become so obsessed with what gay men do sexually (remember, women are still considered "available" to men, even if the women aren't interested) that we abandon reason?

It is high time to lift the ban on gays in the military, and it is high time for the military to return to the standards that help to set it apart from the armies and navies of the world.

It makes no sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree. I think it is a very stupid rule. I think there thinking is that a felon is more likely to pull the trigger than somebody who is openly gay. I know its pretty primitive thinking, but you have to take a look at who is running the country.

dmh