Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The World is Changed"

One of my favorite films is "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring," and Cate Blanchett (one of my all time favorite actors) opens the film in dialog. "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air." Sometimes, I use that quotation to describe my state of mind. Today is no different.

Within my bones, I am aching for changes in my life. I am working toward many of them, and planning to implement the necessaries toward others. Yet, in too many ways, things aren't moving fast enough for me. I am finding myself in an ever increasing mood of melancholy, though I am not quite ready to throw myself a pity party.

Like so many others, I am not satisfied. I am skeptical of taking a leap of faith that seems too far fetched, a leap that will leave me in a circumstance worse than I abandoned. Yet, truth be told, out of those leaps of faith can come confidence in taking the reigns in one's life. It means that one has come to recognize fully when "the world is changed."

Change, positive and progressive, take me now. Let me begin the process of building a new past.

No comments: