Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Where in the World is...Governor Sanford?"

Imagine if BHO would have even thought of pulling a stunt like South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford. How do you simply disappear with no public word to anyone, including your spouse or your Lt. governor?


I suppose things will be alright now that Sanford is supposed to be back on the job tomorrow. I think the state's Lt. Governor Andrew Bauer will be scheduling a meeting very, very soon.

So, is this something we should expect if by some strange happenstance, Sanford became POTUS?

UPDATE: There has been an interesting development. So, was Sanford on the Appalachian Trail or not?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if there was a state or national emergency while he was missing? You can't just get up and leave without telling people where you are and having some way for them to get in contact with you.
Brandon W.

BiblioDiva said...

My mother and I heard this story on NPR and as soon as it was over, we looked at each other. I said, "Rehab" and she said, "Detox".

Fiona said...

I'm with Biblio. I saw the update this morning, and thought: rehab.

But the crucial issue is that he deserted his post for the better part of a week without a word to his Lt. Gov. Unbelievable.

My mother is following this with baited breath, as she despises him just like everyone else in SC.