Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Objectivism in the Words of its Creator

This post is due completely to my insomnia.  I was reading a post over at Think Progress about the president of the Ayn Rand Institute, and as I scrolled down the page I saw a video clip with Rand herself.  Before I played the clip on Think Progress, I decided to see what I could find on YouTube.  Naturally, I found a three part interview that Mike Wallace conducted with Rand in 1959.  Since I hadn't read Atlas Shrugged since high school, I thought it best to listen to all three parts of the interview.  I have to admit that it was enlightening, and flashes of what I read started coming back to me.  Mind you, it wasn't enlightening in the sense that I agree with Objectivism.  I just found it really helpful in understanding, in particular, where Rep. Paul Ryan is coming from, to a degree.  Enjoy the interview.

Part I


Part II


Part III

No comments: