Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It Took Them Long Enough to Bring in Elizabeth Warren

I was glad to hear that Obama has tapped Elizabeth Warren to begin working with the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. In the past, I've posted my disdain for both Tim Geithner and Larry Summers (here, here and here), and the fact that both of them have their misgivings about her made me all the more encouraged that she represented something right. Meanwhile, Warren has been a no-holds barred advocate for the middle class and for Main Street, and that has really been missing from this administration in a substantive sense. I hope that her appointment is a real signal that change is coming to this White House on helping the rest of us (that top 2% that the GOP is crowing for will always be fine).

No comments: