Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Will Being Gay in Uganda Lead to Execution or Imprisonment? IV

Once again, I was over at Rod 2.0 reading his latest information on what's happening in Uganda. I have also begun checking out the BBC's Africa coverage (here is a great article and video clip). But the comments from that post at Rod 2.0 caught my attention. A couple of the comment writers compared the small community of openly gay Ugandans and black folks in this country on the DL. For all of the excuses that I've heard from black folks afraid to be who they know they are, all I can say is that there are brothers and sisters in Uganda who are out and proud in the face of possible execution or imprisonment by their government. In that world, I can understand being in the closet. Over here, not so much.

UPDATE 12/23/09: Check this out from last night's Rachel Maddow Show, and here is the link to the DC Agenda article she referenced.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments: