Thursday, April 14, 2011

Did Someone Get Played?

In all honesty, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or just shake my head over the revelation that all of the drama that we went through last week over the potential government shutdown was really over $350 million dollars (for this fiscal year) and funding Planned Parenthood.  I knew that there was no way that one could take out $38 billion between now and September 30th, so I guessed that some of those numbers had to be for future costs and unfilled posts.  However, how many people, who aren't familiar with the strangeness of the federal budget and its numbers, even considered that?  I am guessing that most Tea Party people went to bed last Friday still mad that it wasn't a $100 billion immediate cut, but feeling clear about the $38 billion. 

Welcome to the ways of Washington, and those ways have never been one sided.  Can't wait to hear John Boehner's explanation to his caucus.

No comments: