Friday, February 12, 2010

Belated Appreciation of "The Daily Show"

Man was I slow about joining "The Daily Show" train; that's what not having cable will do for you. I think I didn't start watching the show regularly until 2008, and I can tell you that I fully understand what people around me had been talking about. I finally got it when some folks I know said that they actually trusted a comedian and comedy writers more readily than "trusted" news reporters. Here is an example of "The Daily Show" being both informative and funny simultaneously:
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
The Apparent Trap
http://www.thedailyshow.com/
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

How can you not appreciate John Oliver's portion of the segment, where he "reports" on the horrors of Hawaii's "socialized medicine" that clearly is doing the population there a grave disservice?

At this point I try to catch "The Daily Show" as often as I can. The show's take on the political events happening within our country is often so spot on that one cannot help but feel sorry for people who simply don't see the madness. That show does a wonderful service to the nation; it's a shame that one cannot say the same about much of the mainstream media.

No comments: