Monday, February 1, 2010

More Love for Sade

Yes, I've already posted about my lady's return, but I can barely contain my excitement. Finally, I can embed the video for "Soldier of Love" into this blog where it belongs:

The song and video are incredible, and Sade is near perfection as usual. Just as I'd mentioned how Catcher in the Rye changed my adolescence, so too did Sade. One of my earliest posts on this blog was about my relationship with the music of Sade, and the impact the band and the woman has had on my life, well after my adolescence passed.

In many ways, I wish that I had the ability to explain better what I feel when I listen to a Sade song, or see a Sade video. Often, it's a mixture of joy, longing, hope and pride. From the very first video to the latest, Sade remains my lady and my band.

2 comments:

Torrey said...

You can tell with some artists that they actually care about the final product. I'm sure Sade is in that category. The music she puts our is timeless and all tells a wonderful story.

hscfree said...

Indeed. Sade, the band, is proof that one needn't pump out album after album to maintain a sense of relevance within the music industry. People are going wild about Sade's return, because they know the product will be top tier. It's something that I hope younger people will understand (quality over quantity always).