Monday, February 8, 2010

The GOP as "Baby Jane Hudson"

I'd originally planned to write a post that included examples of GOP intransigence and obstructionism, but something else came to mind.

Every time I see someone on television from the GOP, I think of "Baby Jane Hudson" singing "I've Written a Letter to Daddy." Bette Davis' "Baby Jane" is an excellent representation of the madness of the GOP, and Victor Buono (the man playing the piano) is perfect stand in for the sycophantic media.

The media know that the GOP has come unhinged, but instead of doing the right thing and sharing that reality with the world, the media become complicit by encouraging the madness, and profiting from it. And can't you just see this song as a hymn for Ronald Reagan. Meanwhile, all of the sensible people are stuck witnessing the growing madness just like Joan Crawford's "Blanche Hudson," with no discernible way of stopping the coming onslaught.



And regarding the Obama administration's determination to achieving real bipartisanship with "Baby Jane," I have a better chance of convincing a Klan member to let me marry his son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Jane Hudson in 2012!

Suddenly the "Palin/Coulter" concept seems a docile fantasy at best.

I'm just sayin'...

hscfree said...

I should add here in the comments that for all of those who've seen the entire movie, I am not referencing the whole of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" I am just talking specifically about the scene I posted.

@Anon: LOL