Monday, October 13, 2008

Carry Me Back...?

Most of my friends know that I am a very proud Virginian. I was born and educated there. And I accept both the good and the bad in its history, because, invariably, it is a part of my own history. My proudest moment as a Virginian remains the inauguration of L. Douglas Wilder in January of 1990. It was one of the most emotional days of my life (and frighteningly cold).

Unfortunately, the supporters of Senator McCain in Virginia felt the need to show their asses to the world in the last few days. And this little bit from the GOP Chair of the Commonwealth, which Senator McCain has refused to repudiate, doesn't help with my home state's reputation either. Perhaps I will be lucky enough to watch Virginia do what it did when she ultimately went into the column for Wilder, only this time the name will be Obama.

No comments: