Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hempstead, NY

Check out this post from Huffington Post, and watch the video. It really got to me.

In light of the fact that there seems to be an all out effort on the right to point to minorities and lower income folks for the economic crisis that we are facing, I find it disgusting that the executives of companies that we are helping are receiving compensation packages that could cover the basic costs of thousands of Americans in need. Meanwhile, many of those executives will never have to worry about basic money concerns again.

I am all for becoming rich. Who isn't? But I recognize that it would be a privilege, and that I would have responsibilities to my country. I would feel as though I owed my country that, since it provided me with the opportunity to ascend to a position of wealth. That too few in the wealthy class feels the same is unfortunate.

No comments: