Thursday, July 22, 2010

Adolescent Music Flashback: Scritti Politti

I must confess that I have just one Scritti Politti album, "Cupid & Psyche '85." I wore out the tape, and have played the CD so often that I think I need a replacement. I must also confess that I had a crush on Green Gartside back when "Perfect Way" was new and gracing MTV. I remember arriving in Physics class the morning after I saw "Perfect Way," and letting my friends know that I'd found a hot new band from the UK with a great name (of course).

My little crush shifted to the dancer in the video for "Wood Beez (Pray Like Aretha Franklin)." But it was the actual album that really captured my ears. from beginning to end, including the remixes for "Absolute," the album was just one fine song after another. My hands down favorite track on the album is "Don't Work That Hard."

If you check the video for "Perfect Way" closely, you might catch glimpses of the beautiful former supermodel Veronica Webb. I only just noticed her as I watched the video recently, and it made me love the video that much more.





No comments: