Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sen. Webb's Surprising Announcement

I was surprised by Sen. Webb's announcement that he was not seeking re-election for two very different reasons.  First, I was surprised because I am sure that Webb knows there is a real chance that he will not be succeeded by a Democrat.  Second, I was surprised, because Webb did what so many politicians claim to support, until they actually get elected:  serving one term of office.

I think it would be amazing if a good solid independent candidate emerged in this race.  Mind you, I have no real faith that anything like that will happen, but it is nice to dream on occasion.  I am guessing that the scenario will play out that Virginia's "macaca (though I don't really know what that means) loving" former U.S. Senator will go right back to Washington and do as much as he did when he was Senator before:  occupy space.

No comments: