Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Beautiful Voice Silenced

When I first got word that Amy Winehouse was dead, I assumed it was a joke, and a weak joke at that.  Yet, it was true.  I am one of those Winehouse fans who was rooting for her to beat back her demons, and return to the studio.  This is an incredible loss.

That voice. 

Anyone who had an opportunity to hear Winehouse sing could not deny that the woman had a voice.  "Rehab" was my introduction to Winehouse, and it took me a while actually to hear the song.  The praise for her voice reached me before I heard the first note, and when I finally heard Winehouse sing, I was hooked.  She deserved the accolades.







Even though she is gone, I hope that Amy Winehouse is now, finally, resting in peace.

1 comment:

Micheal Sisco said...

Truly, truly bummed ... Welcome to the 27 Club, Amy ... another talented waste ...