Thursday, April 1, 2010

Adolescent Music Flashback: Wang Chung

I have to admit that I'd almost forgotten these guys, but then I watched a scene from "The Breakfast Club," and I was reminded of why I really enjoyed Wang Chung's music back in the 80s. The scene was of the kids running about the school trying to avoid the dean after they'd snuck out of the library:



I also really enjoyed my introduction to the band, "Dance Hall Days," mostly because Wang Chung had a different sound.



And though I know that most people probably remember them for their song "Everybody Have Fun Tonight,"



my all time favorite song from Wang Chung is "To Live and Die in L.A." I think it is one of the best songs of the 80s (now that I've listened to it again), from the opening piano, to the fading of the lyrics. It's just an incredible song to me.

No comments: