Sunday, January 16, 2011

Guns and Reasonableness

People who've been reading my blog for a while might remember that my brother is a proud card carrying member of the NRA.  However, he recognizes that it shouldn't be a free-for-all with regard to guns.  As I listened to Jon Meacham speak about his owning a gun, and wanting sensible regulations, I was reminded of my brother.  We need a good debate on gun (and ammunition) control.  We need smart regulations (though I know that nothing will come of any of this in the current Congress).  But in this day and age, people seem less willing to hear these things from people who don't own guns.  If anything Meacham helps to fill that void, and my brother does the same. 

I hope that many more gun owners who advocate for better regulations will follow Meacham's lead, and speak out.

No comments: