Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thank You Marsha Ambrosius

I was checking out the latest over at Rod 2.0, and I saw his post on Marsha Ambrosius (formerly of the brilliant group Floetry) and her new single "Far Away."  Ambrosius uses the video for this song to deal with issues of gay love, homophobia and gay suicide.  Please check out Rod's post on this issue (and look at the comments that are nothing but praise for a major black artist dealing with an issue that is very much a part of the black community, but little discussed, let alone actually shown publicly).

I hope this video gets continual airplay all over the various music video channels, and I want to thank Ambrosius for doing something so outstanding.  I knew there was a reason I was drawn to her back when Floetry was brand new to the scene.

No comments: