Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All That Glitters is Definitely Not Gold

Hell, I knew that about Newt Gingrich back in the 90s, long before he was showered in glitter (I do not advocate throwing things on political opponents).  And because I like to think twice and speak once, I will hold back on all of my true feelings about this hypocritical man.  But I will say that the drubbing that he is getting from his own party is just desserts for all of the shit he offered American political thought.  That he is being beaten up by his own party for speaking some version of the truth he thinks he believes is just plain fitting.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.  I also think folks are counting him out just a bit too soon.  Americans have the world's shortest attention span.  Gingrich will say something outlandish about President Obama and be welcomed back into the fold in no time.

No comments: