Monday, March 8, 2010

My Favorite Part of the Academy Awards Last Night

Congrats to all of the folks who won Oscars last night. I enjoyed the antics of Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. But, my favorite segment of the night was the tribute to John Hughes. All of those memories came flooding back as the various "Brat Pack" members emerged on the stage.

It's funny. I've posted about my love of the iconic John Hughes films of my high school years (1983-1986) before. Being black, gay and lower middle class did not make me feel that I could not relate to the messages those movies put forth. I got it. I understood. They made sense to me, and I will always appreciate the world Hughes created, and I was beyond excited to see that the Academy felt that his work warranted the special tribute they provided.

No comments: